As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator, clients often ask me about the health and effectiveness of the juicing trend. While there are differing opinions in the scientific community about juicing as a healthy option, many consumers are trying it in an effort to improve their diet and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Most people know that incorporating a variety of fruits and vegetables into their diet provides an abundance of vital nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. By juicing these fruits and vegetables, you allow your body to be flooded by these nutrients. An occasional juicing regimen can provide variety to a balanced diet and can also help consumers to move away from a lifestyle of highly processed foods, in a sustainable way.
About Red Mango Raw6™
Too many juicing regimens on the market encourage consumers to fast for several days, often taking in far less calories than their bodies need for daily vital functions. Often these regimens produce uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous side effects, such as headaches, light-headedness, dizzy spells and gastrointestinal discomfort. Red Mango’s Raw6 one-day juice program, with the addition of snacks and/or a healthy meal, provides consumers with a more reasonable approach to juicing while allowing their bodies to receive the nutrients it needs.
Some Things to Consider
- The information contained here is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor or health care provider. Always check with your Health Care Provider before changing your diet or starting a new diet. Check with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to evaluate the appropriate caloric intake for your individual health goals. If at any time you feel unwell while enjoying the Raw6 juice program, you should stop immediately and consult your physician.
- You should be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day and watch your overall caloric intake to make sure you stay within a healthy range for your specific needs. Check with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist if you need help calculating your daily calorie needs.
- The Raw6 juice products are unpasteurized and therefore should not be consumed by young children, pregnant women, elderly persons or people with weakened immune systems.
- The Raw6 juice program contains concentrated nutrients, such as sugars and/or certain vitamins found naturally in fruits and vegetables. If you are taking blood thinner medications or are currently on a regimen to treat blood sugar fluctuations, be sure to check with your health care provider prior to starting the Raw6 Program.
- If you have allergies to foods you should carefully review the ingredients listed in the Raw 6 package information. This product contains nuts and milk products.
It is recommended that you limit exercise to light activities for the day you intend to consume the Raw6 package, stopping immediately if you feel lightheaded or ill.
Meet Our Dietician
Erika Bernhard, RDN, LD, CDE is the President and Founder of Crave Nutrition Solutions, LLC, in Missouri City, Texas. As an educator and health coach, Erika has been teaching nutrition, weight loss, and diabetes education for the past 14 years. Her love of nutrition, fitness and food keeps her active in many healthy lifestyle pursuits such as triathlon, swimming, cooking, and running with her labs, Gabby and Bo.